The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, lost a portion of his palace to fire on Friday night after one of the electrical appliances detonated.

According to information obtained by our correspondent, the incident happened at 11:30 p.m. and was seen by a palace guard.

A statement released by the Director, Media and Public Affairs,

Palace, Comrade Moses Olafare confirmed the incident, blaming it on power surge.

According to him: “A building apartment within the courtyard of the Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife was at about 11:30pm yesterday engulfed in flames of fire incident triggered by power surge which exploded through electrical appliances in the affected apartment.

“The inferno did not spread beyond the affected building located at a section of the palace premises as it was swiftly put off through the combined efforts of the Government Fire Service, OAU Fire Service & Palace Emergency Control Unit.”

Olafare noted that no casualty or injury was recorded assuring no cultural items was lost to the fire.

See the video

By gvoice

One thought on “Fire gulps Ooni’s palace (See Photos & Video)”
  1. Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular article! Its the little changes that will make the biggest changes. Thanks for sharing!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *